Thursday, November 27, 2008

...............................

I was talking to someone whose good friend has facial cancer last week. I suppose my own illness resembles cancer a bit in that it's just the body going wrong and I could identify easily with what she said .. especially as i've had/have similar symptoms.

I have no idea if the number of people who develop auto immune illnesses is greater than the number who develop cancer. I'd imagine they are about the same really. I think only skin cancer is sun related as far as cancer goes while I know of three auto immune illnesses that can be a reaction to the sun. Still can't remember the other auto immune one apart from lupus and my own .. guess there could be more. Lupus is the most common and is becoming more common.

I expect that I'll end up with both!!! I think rheumatoid arthritis is the most common auto immune illness .. same as mine except that the immune system attacks the cartiledge between the joints rather than the connections betwen the skin layers.

I felt a lot of empathy towards the person with facial cancer because of the similarity in symptoms .. obviously not identical but knowing how it was affecting her made it very easy for me to empathise.

I'm very glad she'll be getting the book .. I knew that it would be going on to her anyway when I gave it to her friend. I did give it to her though because she'd helped me out twice .. once without realizing it .. lol!!!! I had no idea back then just how much that was going to help me. She was helping someone else and she's helped me and, I think, someone else by doing that and putting the idea into our heads .. though my other friend might've gone down that route anyway .. I don't know. Can't say if I would have or not .. but I know that it was her talking about it that brought it up in my mind .. in my other friend's mind too .. and, maybe, we wouldn't've thought about it without her having mentioned it .. I just don't know. Her talking about it certainly made it seem worth a try anyway. She also told me something else that was very useful to know and made me empathise a lot.

Then offered me a lift.

I offered her the book.

I think that book is one of the best bargains I've come across. Giving the books away has only been repaying what other people have done for me one way or another really. It was nice to be able to do it in the packaging of that particular book.

The people getting the books were soon planing on who they were going to lend them to. I guess the books'll be travelling far and wide. I had planned on taking them back with me .. well, all but one, but that's not how it's worked out .. mainly because people I've met here seem to be less aware of synchronicity/adc generally than where the books would've been going.

I'm going to write down a few experiences from my own copy and pass it on too .. not to someone here but to someone who was let down by her own newly formed beliefs .. I did warn her that she was being conned but there you go. But people are free to form there own beliefs in these things so I just sighed to myself and put me paw of friendship out.

I was soon proved right .. but haven't mentioned that aspect of it. Think we'll become closer friends because of it. I'd like her to have the book .. give us a base to talk about related things on .. if she wants. I'm not so fussed anymore .. though I do like hearing other peoples experiences if they want to tell me .. doesn't matter if they don't. The book on synchronicity and that last book just tidied things up for me.

I expect that I'll get to hear a lot more though.