Thursday, November 27, 2008

..................................

Well, bought her a cup of hot chocolate and gave her a copy of that book. Lol!!!!! Oh my indeed. She can get 'em in next time, huh.

She was pleased with the book.

Guess we'll be having quite a similar evening as she's eating the same as me tonight and we've had a cup of hot chocolate and maybe we'll be looking through the same book.

She'd just come back from an outing with some of her friends. I saw her in Tesco but was just going to go without saying anything cause I was feeling rather tired .. but then changed my mind. Was glad I did.

I know what the medication is now that I might be trying and am very glad that I missed my last appointment in Leicester .. there was no way i could've taken that while I was having the bouts that kept on landing me in hospital. see what I'm like in a few weeks time. It'll be interesting to see how i manage the journey to and back from Leicester too .. think I'll be much better than when I went before .. still had a lot of skin damage then and it made it a lot worse .. was still getting those blisters on the feet too which very rarely appear now .. and they're nothing like they were. So, should be a lot better.

The medication is used for lupus too which is another auto immune illness that can be brought on by the sun and as I've said it's becoming more common now. Basically if you have any chest problems while on this medication .. it's given intraveniously .. call someone immediately. I really don't think I'll be trying it yet. I know things are a bit better but I don't think it'll be a good idea just yet awhile. There are a couple of other things to try. At the moment I don't think the other medication'd be a good idea for me. Once my muscles are a bit better .. maybe .. but, after all the problems i've been having from sneezing I don't think it'll be a good idea just now,

I'll try the tumeric instead for now I think .. just boil a little up in hot water .. used to add it to food a couple of times a week .. but I might just add a little to water .. don't suppose it'll taste very nice and drink it when I'm having a meal. You don't want too much of the spice .. just a teaspoon twice a week I think. I guess most people'll have it in a curry but I shouldn't really eat spicy food because of my skin. I'll have to see what other people say. Maybe just pour a little over some bread or something ..Guess even a teaspoon of it once a week would be better than nothing. Anyway, I'll find out.

Whatever, I think that it'll be a better idea than the new medication right now. I've heard from other patients that it can take three years to stabilise the illness on Cellcept .. to heal all the damage done rather than just preventing any new damage .. and, the more I find out, the more I think, at the moment, I might be better off staying on it.

I know that I'm likely to develop skin cancer .. my history and genetics make this likely when combined with the drug .. but, so far, I don't appear to have developed any noticeable side effects as I did with the other steroid sparing drug and the corticosteroids and I think it's best to leave it that way.

I'll talk it over .. will, start making notes now .. but, I'm pretty sure it's best to leave it .. at least at the moment. Maybe for good.