Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday

Slight sneeze this morning .. suppose I should've guessed after having those restless nights. Got up .. then .. cough, cough .. very slight atishoo!!! Still, still here. Will just have to see how it goes again. After months and months of having to go into hospital everytime I get a cold I'm still not confident about being able to stay out. I wondered why I was sweating too .. now I know.

I will be going back in when my meds are changed over I think but that's rather different. Haven't looked to try and find what the new med's called yet. One of the nurse's said how much everything had improved when I saw her this time in out patients. Well, I haven't the missing skin layers on my neck and near my eyes any more. Can't remember when they cleared up now. I can remember the days when I spent hours having to sort them out.

Most of that has gone but not everything which is why they want to try a new medication. The next option after the Cellcept treatment. The doctor said he's seen good results from it but it's a very strong medication and I believe, like with the Cellcept, it can bring its own problems. I have to decide if I think its worth it. I'll talk it through with the woman in Leicester that they're refering me to. I believe the medicine is used to treat cancer too so I expect there'll be plenty of people to discuss it with. It's difficult to make my mind up.

Right, think I'm going to have a mug of soup ...

made!!!!!

Been wondering about that herbal treatment I found out about .. someone has said that someone they know has had a good response to Chinese herbal treatment. If I remember rightly I didn't follow the treatment up I found about the other herbal treatment, not the Chinese one, was because they'd included a herb that boosted the immune system and that was the opposite of what I needed. Might try and find out some more about the Chinese herbal treatment, prescribed after seeing a Chinese doctor .. as an addition to the medication I'm already taking. The doctor told him to avoid garlic and chilli and to drink lots of water too which makes sense.

I've also read a bit that someone had written about the start of his illness and I was amazed to find out just how different it was from mine .. same illness so you'd think that it would be much the same but it developed quite differently .. well, quite differently considering it was the same illness. He had quite a few wrong diagnoses too which appears to be quite common .. mine was diagnosed on my second biopsy .. the first one was inconclusive but the second one brought back a diagnosis with it .. though they already knew what was wrong really but it had to be confirmed.

There's also a possibility that curcumin an extract from tumeric, the spice that is thought to stop platelets attaching to the brain and therefore help prevent altzheimers, might help corticosteroids .. these are nothing to do with anabolic steroids .. infact they seem to have much the opposite effect in quite a few ways. I have no idea what dosage you'd need though and would adding some tumeric to food make any difference .. well, it does as far as the platelets go so it's worth a try I guess.