Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thursday

Still very tired .. didn't go out yesterday afternoon though did to Sainsburys earlier on to get the usual odds and ends .. don't think that I'll need to go next week. I was just too sleepy when I got back to go out again. I miss it when I'm not there I guess .. makes me think.


My newer friend can't go on Wednesdays cause she's working but goes on Friday instead .. though Friday's meetings end soon cause of the run up to Christmas and then it's only the first Saturday morning in the month and Wednesdays and Sundays. There is a Christmas party too. It's been interesting .. don't think that I'd've gone if I hadn't been here .. well, I suppose I can't really say that .. I might have made the same choice if it had come up. Just don't know. Anyway I've plenty of choice of venues when I get back so keep a seat warm for me, I'm just a sort of again just as I was a sort of Buddhist .. me veganism sent me in that direction back then .. though just on the philisophical side.



It's certainly helped me through this .. the knowing that it looks as if there is a life to follow this life makes the pain etc much easier to bear .. and knowing that spirit appears aware of everything that happens has made life very interesting for me. I have to admit that the last book I read put me in a bit of a spin .. I wasn't convinced by one story and I suppose the odds are that one or two more people mightn't've been totally honest .. that would be just the way of things .. but she might've managed to be accurate in sorting the letters out. I wish that the book had been a lot longer. I was very surprized at the variety of experiences .. quite a few around accuracy of timing though .. different from mine. seems that spirit/the universe is rather fond of the time element.

The book is lovely.. I'm glad that the experiences have given people so much comfort..

I guess I really wouldn't mind an OBE now. They're pretty common too. I guess it'd be interesting to know how that part of the mind works and what I'd make of the whole experience. Maybe not much .. who knows. It's about twenty years since I picked up the How To book I guess .. have to say that I haven't exactly got very far .. but, then, I haven't exactly put very much work into it. I could have tried when I had those episodes of sleep paralysis .. they're not very nice at all .. though I didn't have all the unpleasant hallucinations that apparently can often go with them .. but, still not pleasant at all. Could have used them to try for an OBE as a few people do find that this happens during sleep paralysis .. should hope so too. It's not a nice experience. I was lucky in that I knew about it and knew what was happening when it started .. it must be really frightening if you don't.

Did a bit of sorting today, not much, cause I was so tired again. Might do a bit more before bedtime and some reading. I've Schrodinger's Kittens and the Search for Reality .. which is a good and amusing read .. though over 10 years old .. I also have his earlier book, In Search of Schrodinger's Cat .. found in a charity shop .. published over 10 years before the other one .. but still a good read. I'm still very tired though so will try to make sure that I don't fall asleep with the lights on. He did once write a book called Cosmic Coincidences which is about the amazing coincidences that made this universe fit for life.

Dinner is soya and veggies again. Must remember to take my vitamin pill too .. I'll also have a crumpet and marmite.