Wednesday, December 03, 2008

...........................................

Pottered along this afternoon .. the guest had arrived today so it was back to normal. lol!!! no, or very little, chance of anything like Sunday's bit of fun happening as I walked in. There should've been lights flashing to make the point really!!! lol My piece of synchronicity was very small compared to the story that had been told .. though I expect it'll be added on to the tale now when it's told.


Looks as if I'm going to have to buy a book that I don't really want to .. I've searched the net trying to find something discussed in detail but it looks as if the author has allowed a kind of precis of what he wrote to be published as an excerpt from his book but not a real excerpt. I've got a few more Amazon reviews to read .. so far they've just confirmed that I need to read the book .. I'm just hoping that he hasn't changed the book so much that the precis that I've read is much the same as the book now. He's revised it at least once since the 1970s.

I think I've already found my answer anyway in the first few pages of the book .. not part of the bit I have been looking for .. where he appears to contradict himself pretty strangely. I can't believe an editor would let something like that go through .. but there you are .. I felt exactly the same about something someone said in a book written by a skeptic too. Though that wasn't a contradiction.

Trouble is reading this made me start moving my boundaries too far the other way .. still being fine with myself, my friends and family .. after all I know I'm telling the truth and I know they're telling the truth .. but, just momentarily, I threw my hands up in the air in a kind of confused despair and thought that it's not worth bothering to listen to anyone who I don't know very well and trust implicitly .. but, ofcourse, that would mean dismissing all the wonderful stories I believe in the two books I've mentioned as my favourite ones .. and I don't dismiss them at all. Thank heavens for our own experiences and our friends (in and out of the family), eh. Just for a moment I felt that I couldn't be bothered with anything which I hadn't experienced myself or didn't come from one of my friends .. even when it is obviously true. better to dismiss it than have to keep on assessing it. The feeling didn't last for long!!!!! Will have to read the wretched book I suppose. The strange thing is that one of the people who wrote a review for Amazon mentioned obe of the contradictory statements as an example of what a great guy this bloke is and didn't appear to notice that his story moved on to contradict it a couple of pages later. I mean you either recognise yourself or you don't!!!! Can't have it both ways.

I've read the short extract at the beginning of the book three times now and the contradiction is still there!!!! so strange .. think I'll just potter back and read it again.

Have done .. and I didn't make a mistake .. it's so obvious that I thought it must've been me .. but it isn't.

OK .. I'll order the book .. I will be annoyed if it's been radically revised around the bit I want to read or is not detailed in the way I've been lead to believe it is from reading about it. The precis the author has allowed is very strange.

Still, I will order the book. I'm pretty sure it'll be a waste of money though.

Just going to read some reviews of his other books.


Shades of the Browne ectoplasm appearing again .. or .. not appearing .. however you want to describe it.

It's very different from that .. different field of research by a long way.

(Has to restrain self from rushing back to have another look at excerpt!!)

I'm not sure if I'm glad they published this exerpt or not .. I'd obviously prefer they published the extract he'd allowed to be precised on other sites .. then I would just leave the book if I wasn't convinced by what I'd read.

This exerpt just hints that I'm going to find more of the same.

Right, even though I found walking a bit easier today again I've been up again tonight. Going to have some soup .. then bed.