Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday

Not feeling too well today I must say .. well, the mornings are usually quite difficult but I seem quite blocked up again when I first got up. Someone down the front was sneezing a lot last night so there are still some heavy colds doing the rounds. Lots of people have mentioned the chesty cold that's going around .. one person's been away a couple of weeks with it there and two other people were quite ill. I suppose I was lucky that I didn't get a full blown chest infection with the meds I'm on.

As for the new meds I could go on .. people agree it's not worth the risk .. there are a couple of other things I could try. The doc didn't seem to want to discuss the negative effects of the medication .. just that he'd seen someone who it really helped .. but, the guy's new and didn't know about other problems I have. He does now!!! I could easily have a heart attack, or, not so probable, activate the JC virus which nearly all of us have but usually remains dormant unless the immune system is repressed by medication or illness. This could happen with Cellcept too but is not so probable and I've been ok with it, but it's more common with this other drug.. My first worry was that the swelling, which the drug can cause would leave me in the condition I used to be in when I had a cold .. quite probable and it's not just the pain .. could lead on to heart attacks.

It's not worth it. I would like the illness to be totally in remission but not risking that to try to get it there. There are two other treatments .. my brother knows someone who has rheumatoid arthritis who's been fine on one of them and the other one was suggested a while back. There is absolutely no way I'm going on the other drug.

My mother was put on two drugs in the hospital that were contra indicated with her parkinsons disease and lewy body's dementia and thanks to a remark about one of them I came back and researched them and found out that there was no way she should be on either of them. I was totally shocked by what I discovered .. she was off them as soon as I told the guy who had made the remark .. he phoned the doc .. my GP now and it was sorted out straight away before any permanent harm could be done.

Having said that I guess I should be heading down to the docs to get the Oramorph situation sorted out before I run out.