Thursday, March 12, 2009

......................................

I have dinner doing now. Have been thinking about last night's conversation a lot .. a lot of the talk was about music .. we have much the same tastes. I told him about my watching The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and he said he's been a fan for years.

We had a bit to talk about that too .. cause there were some serious questions I wanted to ask him. Sad ones really.

It was such a treat to hear my guitar again. He thinks it was an end of the line model and that's why it was so cheap .. they were just clearing space and possibly wanted more room for electric guitars so just sold that guitar off. Gosh, it has this beautiful deep melodic sound though. He thinks that it was probably the last left of a consignment from The States .. wonder if it was one left out in the shop too all the time and had been around a while. Wonders what the others were like.lol!!! Sigh.

We also got to talking about experiences and I said that I have a couple of problems that are tied in with the music and experiences. I'm not religious but I have a respect for what I know about Jesus. I'm aware that Jimmy Ibbotson has drawn great strength from his dream and the song that was written in his sleep.

But I have to say that as a person I have problems with him and have for a while. I prefer the bands music with him singing but prefer the band without him in other ways.

My friend agreed.

This guy has had quite a few experiences quite like mine .. my friend that is .. and thinks Mr Ibbotson's is probably a one off!!!!!lol!!!

I totally believe in life after death now .. well, there's that tiny little bit there that says you haven't actually experienced it but it's now so small that it's just there cause I feel it should be because it's not tangable. I can't reach out and touch it.

I'd seriously like to know what's behind Mr Gill's beliefs .. he sings some beautiful songs. Well, I've heard three so far ..and they're nice. I'm wondering if he has a physical illness. I'd like to know how often that turns up with these experiences. Obviously I know that it does in some ways when someone is very seriously ill ... sometimes and in different ways. Why does he come over as being so totally unafraid of passing over

There is so much that I'd like to read too.

My friend said he'd been longing to get in touch for ages but was worried that I wouldn't be up for talking much cause of my illnesses but that he'd just hoped that I'd be ok.

We have a lot to talk about. I told him about my last experience. Not the Nartin Luther King one though we discussed that later because it tied in with something we were talking about and then something a bit different I wanted to bring up which was to do with that evening. As I said what I was researching that evening wasn't to do primarily with racism though it was to do with Dr King.