Wednesday, August 19, 2009

..........

I'm not taking all that much with me .. just a few cds amd dvds .. books a few clothes ... and my teas .. I bought quite a few packs of those to start with but haven't been drinking them at the rate I thought I would. Have given some away.

They've been wonderful. I found a herbal book in The British Heart Foundation shop that looks as if it's going to be very helpful .. not a big book but it has a lot of information and anecdotal evidence.

Someone asked me if I was going to carry on blogging once I was back home and when I said I would asked if I'k put up info about anything I found that worked herbally.

As far as the flu went my only regret was not drinking more tea. I did use the star anise but in future I'll grind them up and use a tea infuser like my brother's friend does with his valerian. That must work too cause he's still taking it. His doc wouldn't let him have sleeping pills cause he's on other meds and he drinks alcohol before sleeping. The doc wasn't happy with this combination so refused to prescribe sleeping pills.

I might try camomille tea bags to start off with and see if they have any effect .. just pop one in with the evening tea and see what happens.

I'm very glad that I've learmt more about the herbs and spices. I'm not to surprized that they've helped cause after all a n herbal mixtureslot of medicines are derived from plants. Didn't expect a cure all as I mentioned before but was just looking for something that would flatten down the virus enough to give my battered immune system a chance to fight back and that must've been what happened I guess.

Would drink more though now and make my own blends and grind the star anise up.

Have no idea if that works or not in that form .. possibly not but it's nice .. has a lovely scent.

Anyway, time to turn in. I feel quite strange at the moment because of the muscle movement .. my poor lungs are having to work extra hard in difficult circumstances at times at the moment. But it's what I've been doing the exercises for so I can't complain!!!!


Oh, yes .. I will.