Thursday, August 20, 2009

A change of docs again

Went down to me docs today to give him the address of the surgery I'd like to join back home .. it's nearer where I live than the one I belonged to before .. was a bit more active when I left to come up here to look after mum. Though, not much nearer really when I think about it I guess. Anyway, that's sorted now. Obviously, it helps with an illness like mine if the new doctor knows about it before I move as I'm very ill.

I'm leaving my bro all tead up .. lol. I saved his life soon after coming up this way .. doubt if the teas will need to do anything that drastic but hopefully they'll ease the way a bit.

As far as the flu goes he does have underlying illnesses but so must've many, many, many, many etc people who've had it who're fine. It was different for me as my immune system is battened down by the medication I'm on so I would've had a harder time fighting back against it .. and I'm on a high dose of the medication too .. but it looks as if I've come through it ok. My brother has three conditions that could be seen as underlying illnesses in regards to this strain of flu so I think he's doing the right thing as regards the teas go.

I'm going to have to check on the liquorice someone's eating .. the sweets have a mixture of liquorice extract and anise flavour ro flavour them. Blimey, I say just drink a mug or two of liquorice tea a day .. and he eats a whole bag of these without checking!!!!!! I have to say though that molasses and wheatflour are the main two ingredients followed by liquorice extract and anise flavour so I guess it's not much. He was fine. But I'm going to check!!!

I wondered if eating a few of these sweets twice a week might help weaken any virus you pick up .. still thinking of the women who apparently got rid of a virus by eating a few sticks of liquorice infused confectionary. You need to check what you're eating though.

Yummy. I would like some Venco katjesdrop sweeties but I tink O've ad the flu so it's too late though maybe I might really prefer soft liquorice these days .. in me aulde age .. lol!!! Maybe I need some for the seasonal flu anyway!!!

I dunno ,, lol.

Anyway .. pleased I've sorted the teas out for my brother .. his favourite medicinal tea is white tea flavoured with raspberry which he brews for 10 minutes rather than 3 which I think is normally recommended for white tea so that he can get the full taste and full medicinal use out of it .. otherwise you feel that you're wasting it.