Thursday, August 20, 2009

Memory

I wrote a little while ago around the saying that the more things change the more they stay the same .. this was brought home to me again a little while back. Well, last Tuesday or Wednesday .. probably Tuesday when I pver heard part of a conversation ,, then, later that day, heard part two of it. Glad I heard both parts because it put something into perspective for me.

But it took me back a few years to before mum became really ill and what I knew about here just came from what people told me rather than first hand experience .. well, in the main.

What was said reminded me of two people .. I'd met both of them .. though knew their stories more through my family though did get to know about what had happened through talking to one of them.

Mum had a little more to tell me which I guess I saw confirmed one day so that was good in the way that I had seen with my own eyes and it wasn't just hearsay.

I'd mentioned something about it to someone a month or two back but most of it had gone to the back of my mind .. not forgotten but not really thought about either.

Then this rather unpleasant conversation brought it all back again. I'd not thought or discussed it much until today .. but today brought another piece of information back into the front of my mind. I think that's all I've got in there .. my brother might be able to shed a bit more light on it.

If this had come into my mind a couple or three years ago it would've put something into perspective for me. OK, I hadn't forgotten it but it wasn't something I'd sat and thought about so that I'd remember it in any detail. Well, it was a long time ago, comparatively, for the relevant situation.

But, it is very relevant. Strange that it should have stayed nestling more or less in the back of my mind until I heard someone say something which wasn't about that .. only in attitude amd it brought it all back .. bit by bit. Still didn't sit and think about it .. well, not til today when I uncovered the last bit of info nestling in my memory