Friday, February 01, 2008

A couple of days ....

I tend to spend more time listening and reading than writing and speaking these days 'cause I'm so tired a lot of the time. Anyway, I spend so much time dozing that I really don't have much to talk about day to day. Well, dozing, playing Zuma and reading a little.

I'm slowly sorting things out here so that when I'm well enough I can go home .. things are improving but it sure is a slow process. My friends have been great though. I mean I have a selection of disabilitating illnesses now but they're fine with it and I get treated just as I did before .. though I amazed everyone the other day by saying that I was missing human touch because I hadn't been one for touching much I guess. Then, as if my wish had been heard, someone I knew met me on one of my meanderings to the main street here and there were hugs galore.

I wouldn't let people touch me when the skin illness was very bad for obvious reasons .. one of the common causes of death from the auto immune illness is through infection so I guess things were pretty dicey for me for quite a long time because of the illness and the medication used to treat it. Luckily I didn't develop a single bacterial infection except for a bout of catarhh which disappeared with a dose of that honey before I could get it down to the docs for antibiotics. The honey is sometimes used on wounds to fight infection but I didn't develop any infections in mine.

I had a strange experience a night ago though that has left me feeling a bit disorientated. I had my first experience of sleep paralysis. Apparently a lot of people experience this at least once in their life time. It's quite frightening the first time it happens. You wake up but can't move your body. Your mind is awake but your body is paralysed. I had a feeling of heaviness around my chest too which is quite common. I guess it lasted about a minute which was lucky too as it can go on for quite a few minutes which if it happens the first time someone experiences this must be really frightening. I guess that I was lucky that I knew as soon as I could move again what had probably happened and just went back to sleep again. Though, I guess, maybe I should've phoned a doctor just to be sure in the morning. I left it til the late afternoon after people kept on saying they thought I should phone just to check.

Didn't happen last night and I guess might've happened now because of my muscle problems .. or .. just because!!