Friday, August 22, 2008

T'day

I met the first lady I gave a book to the other day again. I wanted to because I'll be leaving sometime in the near future and I didn't want her not to know and start wondering where I'd gone. Anyway I saw her in the street one day but I was eating at the time so left it. Well, did for a few minutes then decided to go out and see if I could see her but I couldn't. Met her in Boots the next day when she was collecting a prescription. She came and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I'd like to come for a cup of coffee and a chat.

Spent ages talking over a cup of coffee .. she always insists on buying me a cup of coffee now. She's thought things out well. Afterwards she didn't seem to want me to go and walked around a bit with me. Then we both went back to our flats.

I have had another chill .. two sneezes this morning .. and I'm still sitting here rather than being in hospital!! Guess my cold is why I almost brought my morning tablets back up yesterday morning. I felt the spasm and I thought .. no .. thought that might end me back in the hospital again .. but it was only once and not too bad.

I was very tired yesterday evening and went to sleep on the couch for a few hours .. woke up and went to bed and straight to sleep again. I'm lucky that the oramorph does seem to help get me to sleep. I don't really want to be taking sleeping pills on top of all the other stuff. Made me think of my friend's partner who finds it so difficult to sleep because of his pain. I'm on much more morphine than he is .. I've an idea it's the fact that he won't accept a wheelchair that makes them think he doesn't need anymore. I am still in difficulties but it's manageable most of the time as it is at the moment.