Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday

Went to bed much too late last night and then took a while to get to sleep as my breathing was changing so much. Eventually did drop off though but was awake about five hours later .. not good. I'd've kept on waking up if I had gone to bed earlier so suppose it didn't make that much difference. It was just one thing after another. Got up .. tried to swallow most of me pills at once which caused a spasm but I was lucky and they somehow went down. Don't know why that happened but everything was ok. It was just some kind of reflex action but didn't cause any trouble.


I've decided to try to do about an hour a day in the flat .. getting things sorted .. the papers out .. things like that. I'll leave it if I'm feeling really bad .. but otherwise an hour a day. Have to leave it til after my second lot of pain relief after I get up I guess. It should be ok.



Will turn in earlier .. though, as I said, it wouldn't've made much difference last night .. I'd've been awake for much of the time I was up anyway.



Going to do me hour of sorting .. just taken the second lot of pain relief. Was ok with that last night but couldn't remember if I'd taken the Cellcept .. can't spell it's chemical name off hand .. they hope to reduce it soon .. but I think it'll be when the muscle problem is much better as I think that makes the auto immune illness worse at the moment so I need all the Cellcept I'm taking. They, like the illness itself, predisposes you to forming skin cancer. I have been very lucky in that I've had few side effects from them .. not so lucky with the steroids though .. the ones prescribed for my illness have very different effects to the ones that body builders use to build body mass .. they are very different drugs and lots and lots of people take them .. I take prednisolone. It's quite amazed me the number of people I've met who are or who have taken them in one form or another. The Cellcept are much rarer and often used for transplants but they can also be used as a steroid sparing drug .. in place of high doses of the steroids.

Prednisolone is a corticosteroid where as the steroids that can be used to build body mass are anabolic steroids .. very different .. infact in some ways more or less opposite .. for example one builds you up while the other .. the one I take .. can make you lose body mass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corticosteroid


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid


I used to take corticosteroids in large amounts but now I take 10mgs a day along with the Cellcept.

Been "singing" for the first time for a long time today .. bit on the raspy side but there you go. Just going to put some music on.

Here today:

http://magnatune.com/

Found it through Stumbleupon who someone directed me to a while back.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/tag/music

Listening to this right now

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/hanschristian-cinema


ot listening to much music .. think I'd been put off a bit cause my hearing isn't as good as it used to be .. but I can hear this well enough. Well, easily really.