Monday, August 25, 2008

This evening

The last couple of days have reminded me of the beginning of the chronic part of my illness. Someone asked me to look over some legal stuff for them and it reminded me that when I was dealing with the start of my auto immune illness I was trying to sort some legal things out for myself and wrote about it here. I left it in the end because while I was capable of applying the points of law to the situation I wasn't well enough to see it through. It was a very complicated situation and needed to be gone over in minute detail because I'd already discovered how difficult it was going to be .. and being able to apply the law to everything that would come up was important .. and so complicated I just felt happy that I could do it myself .. in the end though I didn't take any action because I was too ill to really see it through. I still have all of it worked out legally but I've decided to leave it even though, timewise, there are circumstances that would account for me being unable to proceed earlier.

As it turned out there wasn't much I could do but query how things had proceded up to then and hope I've made some valid points along those lines.

Bit like going to the GP I guess and trying to remember everything that's important and applying the law/medical knowledge to the facts. It can be difficult to remember everything and know just what importance and relevence it has.

Went out and had a mug of cocoa and some green tea this evening while having a look through the case she'd presented and what was going on.

I thought she'd been a bit jumpy for a little while .. now I realise she was just trying to find out how I'd feel being asked to have a look. Must be difficult I guess.

Course things are a bit more difficult now because the odds are that I'm dying and people are finding it difficult to accept .. though everyone must've been aware that it was a real possibility before .. though how long it will take is anyone's guess .. but I'm aware of the reasons now. Even finding out the reality of this was done in stages and by coincidence again. But very gently I guess you could say especially after having the run up to this stage where I had come to believe in life after death through my own and other people's experiences.

No anger or anything along those lines.