Saturday, October 11, 2008

......................

Still here .. done me shopping .. got some containers to store things in for the kitchen for when I start cooking!!!!!! There was a box of them in The Works .. lots of containers in it and most of them very small and to start off with I wasn't sure if it'd be suitable and I just couldn't make up my mind .. but it was very cheap and I guess I can divide half a tin of baked beans between two containers if I have to.

Got my rubbish down .. but sorted that out when I got back rather than before I went. Wanted to get to the chemist but the one I needed to get to shuts early on a Saturday and I was just too late .. doesn't matter though as I'm ok for the weekend. I can phone them and ask them to deliver if I don't feel like collecting the meds that I need.

Don't feel quite so constricted but that might be the oramorph dulling the pain a bit. I've taken the max dose today so far .. usually I try to manage on as low a one as I can so that if the pain does get worse I won't have got to used to the morphine at a high dose. I vary it quite a bit depending how bad the pain is.

Hopefully tomorrow I can start on me bedroom .. just taking things slowly though. It does feel as if things are a bit better though .. which is more or less unbelievable. I just can't believe that I'm sitting here and not in hospital. I really thought that I was going to on Thursday for a while and yesterday morning didn't have me feeling that optimistic either. I realised this morning that it was feeling as if it could go either way as well .. but still it's the longest time out of hospital since a first sneeze since the bone and muscle problems started.

When I was reading about the new pain treatment that's being researched at the moment I found a discussion elsewhere someone mentioned a woman who has bone necrosis brought on by the anti rejection pills she's taking .. hadn't found that connected to cellcept, which fits into that description, but would've been interested to know which ones she's taking .. as I said before I had a bad reaction to one other pill in that category .. the pills are also used as steroid sparing drugs. He said that she needs a different form of pain relief as she isn't finding morphine or fentanyl much help.

Let's hope this new form of treatment will be really good .. they appear to be very optimistic about it.

The morphine plus the other stuff I take just about keeps me going on a day to day basis but if things get really bad doesn't touch the pain at that dose. I hope that this new treatment will be safe and will mean that people won't have to rely on the present drugs so much .. that it will be a better and more viable alternative. Hopefully there'll be much more stuff like that in the pipeline too .. constant pain is very debilitating. It amazes me just how strong some people are.

I will probably do that EFT therapy tonight .. the chakra one .. along with ten minutes of meditation.

Going to get something to eat first though.