Tuesday, October 28, 2008

...................

Actually first mug of hot chocolate I've made for meself since I got it in .. meant to make it before but never got round to it. Mmmm .. just what a sickly person needs on a cold night I guess. See, going the right way in some ways. I expect that I'll have to go into hospital again with infections and muscle spasms .. think it's the nature of the illnesses unfortunately .. but, still I've had one cold where I didn't get very poorly and one where I did but managed to stay out of hospital .. well, so far anyway .. and it did get bad .. I think if I hadn't been through it so many times before I'd've called an ambulance .. I was just used to the symptoms this time and knew what to expect .. the pain was bad and, if I hadn't been through this so many times, I think I wouldn't've hesitated to call an ambulance. Think it would've totally scared anyone who wasn't used to it .. and, if it had got a bit worse I would have and if it had stayed as it was instead of lessening I would've too .. I just know how this illness works now. And if I had kept on going into spasm I would have too .. well, I wouldn't've had choice cause the pain would've got worse and worse.

I still have me two going to be doctor friends .. waves .. and they think it's cool learning from the patient .. though they wish I wasn't ill .. some of the docs here hoped they would be coming up here to study because they want more people in this line but I'm afraid they didn't. They are extremely dedicated though and, it makes me feel good to know that my illness has done something good. And they always remind people to be careful of the sun now. I was quite surprized that my illness could be caused by solar exposure .. I've discovered three auto immune illness that can be caused by solar exposure .. this one, lupus and one whose name I can't remeber now. Can't remember how the last one turned up .. but while I was looking for something about my own .. fortunately, for a rarish illness, there's a lot of info about. Expect there are more illnesses too, though not always auto immune illnesses,

Well, off to bed now .. don't know what to do about books .. lol!!! Which to pack .. which to take to bed with me to read while waiting for the oramorph to take effect either during the night or in the morning or both. I do feel a lot better now but I can't, in any way, be sure that it's over yet. Another couple of days and I'd be more hopeful.

Actually, in some ways, I'm feeling a bit sheepish that I didn't call an ambulance because I was very ill with the prospect of it getting worse .. but I did know the ropes here with this particular illness .. anything else with the same level of pain and illness I'd've called for an ambulance immediately .. but I'd been through this so many times before and I didn't think it reached the stage where there was no choice. I was right, but it was very borderline, and it was only because I was so familiar with it all that I made that decision. Otherwise you can bet I'd've been in there. Especially after having experienced all this. Even with the experience it was very difficult to decide one way or the other.