Tuesday, October 28, 2008

....................

Well, off to bed very soon. Don't think my doc could believe that I hadn't gone into hospital .. anyway .. anyway he gave me two prescriptions for this week .. one I should've been collecting on Thursday as I have an appointment then.

Well, I didn't know what to do .. they make so much fuss these days about admitting people that if I really didn't need to go I wouldn't .. believe me .. if it'd gone over the line I'd've called an ambulance straight away like I did last time .. no waiting that time and just as well as I had a raving chest infection on top of it all and the quicker that was treated the better. Me letter says that this is sometimes the case. Sometimes it's just me muscles getting stuck in mid spasm and sometimes it's both. I was listening to the sirens going today and thinking shall I or shan't I .. didn't really register anything much yesterday but I really noticed them today. It is difficult to know what to do .. but I wouldn't hesitate to call an ambulance once the problems had got to a certain stage .. I'm used to it now and know what to do .. it did get bad this time but not to the extremes it can do .. well, I have to admit that that was a new one .. but I would've got the ambulance if it'd got worse.

I guess I now have to sit and wait for another night and see what happens .. if it does get worse I'll soon know about it .. me bag is packed .. book, specs and fluffy included. The meds will be needed if I go in over night for my morning dose .. better to have that first dose sorted out .. last time I'd already taken it .. and it's especially important to get it sorted out over the weekend as that can lead to a few problems if it's not .. I think I've always had my MST and cellcept with me though .. everything else has always been on the nurses pill trolley in all doses .. so I've been ok. But, now, I've three days worth of medication packed in one of those little plastic envelopes you can buy in stationers so there'll be no kerfuffle. I've got a copy of my prescription for the month which I'm going to put in the envelope too so that the dosages are there, I mean, I know them .. but to be on the safe side and supposing that I'm too ill to speak and it's a weekend and all that.

Anyway .. a mug of hot chocolate I think and then off to bed. I've stayed up a bit longer so that I can get my last lot of meds in .. took the paracetamol a bit late and there has to be at least four hours between the doses I take. Just moved some muscles in the right hand side of my cheek .. now that did feel strange without being extra painful. Just exercised that bit again and it's made this odd crunching sound and kinda slipped down a little bit again. But, it's just a fraction .. do wonder if this little movement over the last few weeks has stopped me going into hospital again though. It was certainly a bad cold .. infact, after the vomiting I didn't think that I'd be staying out causeI'd obviously damaged something a bit .. but it's settled. I think if they'd been any more symptoms that a way I've gone in whether I'd been collapsing with pain and fever or not.

This thing about paying docs not to send u to hospital is worrying though. I spoke to some nurses about it last Thursday when I was up at the hospital and they weren't pleased at all. I guess this really covers out patient appointments .. I guess some doctors like to play safe .. the nurses did say that some docs do send people when they really don't need to .. but, I'd've thought that was to be better safe than sorry and those docs would still do that cause they'd feel that they were doing the right thing by their patients. They said they thought that to pay docs not to refer people to hospital was awful. I wouldn't've gone in unless I absolutely had to anyway that's for sure but it does leave you thinking .. anyway .. off to get my cocoa and meds and off to bed.