Friday, November 07, 2008

...............................

One of the good things about being in hospital has been swapping stories though I've swapped lots all over the place now. Must say knowing about them has been a great help in hospital .. I've often thought that I was going to die .. to be in such pain and survive has been an education to me and I have been in tremendous pain before but not on that level .. blimey .. it's nice not to have fear to go with it. and there is a lot of fear . I hadn't realized how much. I have almost died before and hadn't been scared .. just felt peace. And I've not been someone who has thought much about it in a personal way but I've learnt a lot through seeing other people these last few years when the usual social masks have been down. One of our guests talked about this a few weeks ago .. it was something I'd been dwelling on myself .. but thought everyone must have the experiences or know someone they can trust who has and from there you can easily investigate .. there are enough ways of doing it through books and the net and talking to people. If about half of the population has had them it has to be a fact. I mean just the maths of that has to make it a very accurate statement. lol!!!

Obviously I know I'm dying. I've been mulling that over too and realize that the experiences seem to be to do with my illnesses ..just the timing shows that ... lol!!! Though I didn't know for three weeks or so about the really defining one.

The new book has left me thinking a lot since I started reading it .. the stories are lovely .. well, most of them .. I do think a couple aren't real. But the rest mix the dreadful sadness of losing someone dear with the joy of one or more of these experiences.

With one of the stories I have a problem with .. it is so over the top .. and more .. maybe he is ill rather than deliberately deceiving but I just don't know. But, I've a feeling he was taking the piss. I was reminded of Arthur Conan Doyle and his belief in the fairy photos.

Most of it was, if you've had experiences yourself of spirit, very believable especially if you've had people who you trust telling you the same kind of thing. As, I've said before, I think it's the only way it works. Luckily my friendships are built on trust .. I can't see a point otherwise. Which reminds me ............. tomorrow. I've not been as communicative as I usually am these last few days cause I still appear to've been getting over this cold. Maybe I should've headed for hospital when I first became ill. It's taken me much longer to get over than usual even if it didn't get as bad to begin with.

I'm off to bed now .. time to take me last meds of the day and go. Think eleven will be the new time I aim for rather than twelve .. I can sit and read in the morning regardles of how early I wake up. It doesn't fit in with the meds so well as going to bed later unfortunately but it works out better in other ways.

I've been dipping into my new book while I've been on the net .. can't really leave it alone. I've found that The Works has provided lots of interesting things to read over the years .. to watch too .. I found a dvd about Madagascar's wildlife there not so long ago .. a pair of specs for £1.99 so that I could read/watch them!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

The new book is just brill though .. couldn't've been anything better just for now.

Anyway, I'm off to bed .. not even going to play any mahjong before I turn in.