Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Arrived at the hospital to find that someone had knitted a nice deep pink fluffy scarf for me. She'd been told that she should exercise her hands so had chosen to do some knitting. She'd also knitted some things for the babies unit there. I'll put it away for the winter. It's really nice.

I fished down into my bag and pulled out an emergency fluffy. She was really pleased as she'd been up to the League of Friends shop in the hospital and there'd been ....NO TEDDIES!!!! And while this wasn't a teddy it obviously did well as a substitute teddy.

Was quite good as she was leaving too. She's not well ... well, obviously and would've had to get off her bus to go the post office to get a letter weighed to send abroad and she didn't really feel like it.

She was telling another woman there .. who I'd just given a magazine that she'd given to me because she wanted to take something to someone in hospital. My friend was a bit concerned that I was giving the magazine away before I'd read it but that was fine cause I had brought in my copy of New Scientist to read over a cup of hot chocolate there.

The lady, who she knows well, said that she lived just round the corner from a Post Office so she could post it .. my friend was umming and arring not wanting to feel that she was putting on anyone even though her friend said it was only two minutes \away from her!!!!

So, I said .. look you've made her happy as she now has the magazine for her friend so let her make you happy by posting the letter. Her friend burst into laughter saying something about having to work for the magazine ............... and ............... then ............... my friend decided to let her take this letter to the Post Office two minutes from where she lives.

She kissed me goodbye for the week

And I pottered off to get a cup of hot chocolate.