Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

I've been checking up on aspirin on the net. When I became ill this time I said that I didn't want to take it because I'd had problems with it in the past because it'd affect my tummy. It turned out that could've been because I'd had a bug which caused ulcers. When I was very young apparently there was no way to pick up whether people have this condition or not .. and lots and lots of people do .. but in 1982 a bacteria was discovered that caused stomach ulcers that could be got rid of with a course of anti biotics.

I don't have it anymore so wonder if I'll be ok with aspirin. I could have a sensitivity to it but, even then, as I take medication to protect my stomach from the corticosteroids and ibuprofen I should be ok.

If you're under 18 you shouldn't take aspirin as there is a very slight chance that it might affect you badly. It really isn't worth risking. It can cause a condition called Reye's Syndrome which is why it's not used in children's medicines anymore. You shouldn't really take it if you've been drinking or take warfarin or have diabities, gastritis, asthma or gout or have any form of kidney problems. As with all meds it's best to read the info that comes with it before taking it.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be ok because of the auto immune illness but as I take a tummy protector for the ibuprofen and the corticosteroids I should be fine. It's worked for them.

It's just for while my muscles are releasing a bit round my right side. I reduce and up my pain relief as I need it. Don't like having to take so much but the pain's bad as I guess is obvious from all that's going on, couldn't be anything but.

OK. Well, I took one about half an hour ago and haven't had any tummy pain .. but I do feel as if I'm going to sneeze. Suppose I have another cold .. my eyes were a bit wet when I woke up this morning so it looks like it, doesn't it.

I slept about twelve hours yesterday which was good. Feel asleep on the sofa for a few hours then slept another 8 hours til gone ten this morning.

Next thing I'm going to look into is liquorice .. it's said to help auto immune illnesses .. as well as the liver. It's help as far as liver cancer goes is that there are chemicals in it that help the effect of the medication though, in general, it seems that it can help protect the liver. Apparently the chemicals that scientists have isolated in liquorice that help deliver the medication to where it's needed in liver cancer are more effective than those already used and much cheaper to prepare!!!

Well, I'll give it a try for the auto immune illness. Though need to find out a bit more about it I guess as it can cause a bit of water retention if you eat too much of it. Whether this has anything to do with liquorice sweets I don't know .. well, it has nothing to do with some liquorice sweets these days as a few are artifically flavoured .. or just more concentrated forms of liquorice root sold as medication. Will have to find out I guess. Still it'll do no harm to eat a few liquorice sweets a day I guess. Best to avoid it if you have uninary problems though or ask your doctor or a herbalist about it.