Monday, May 04, 2009

.......................

Just drinking my herbal infusion. No point me drinking a tea which boosts the immune system .. not sure how effective echinacea is .. but someone else I know with an illness that has to be treated like mine was told not to use the herb. Anyway, strange though it may seem, with the flu it's better to go for herbs that might produce a slight anti viral effect than ones that boost the immune system.



Wonder if grinding and soaking liquorice sweeties would make a nice tea .. real liquorice not ones flavoured with aniseed. Haven't any idea if it's helping my auto innume illness at all .. that's not going to suddenly happen over night I wouldn't think if it helps at all .. but as it's apparently helped with lupus might as well give it a go ... in small quantities.



Should've told someone about that last night .. but forgot. Will do though as she knows someone with lupus. Anything's worth a try and, for me, conventional medicine has only worked to a degree and it's come with a price. Having said that though I wouldn't be here without it but if there's something in complementary medicine that could well help too might as well go for it. Remember I was going to try something I discovered on the net a year or so back .. didn't in the end .. it was very pricey .. seemed rather suspiscious as it had lots of different sites to sell herbs for different illnesses rather than just one as a company site and the remedies seemed rather similar and the medicine for my illness contained echinacea which I'd been told by someone in the medical profession not to take anyway.



If I get very ill with the flu it'll probably be because I get pneumonia .. a bacterial infection. The best way for everyone who gets the virus is to get the anti viral meds.

The best way to stop picking up a cold is to wash your hands and if you sneeze to use a tissue and then throw the tissue away. I sometimes used to rub my hands together after I'd got rid of the tissue cause I thought it might damage any viral partucles I had on my hands I'd got from handling the tissue or you can use some sanitizing gel.

The government here don't seem to reckon much on masks to help .. though health care workers use a stronger but similar kind. It just seems a better idea to wear one than not I'd've thought.

Anyway .. drunk me tea .. need to take me next lot of meds .. have me lunch .. a protein drink .. and take some rubbish down to the bins.