Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday

Will try and read some more tonight .. suppose I should try to do more meditation too .. it really is good for most people as a calming influence .. and, fortunately, I'm one of the people it works for.

Time to turn the computer off and do more than dose for a lot of the time .. though I am still very tired .. ten minutes is better than none.

The book has helped .. along with the swine flu .. to show me that I'm really not scared of dying anymore .. those few words I quoted from the book just relaxed me so much ..that my mind was almost floating. Not in an OBE type of way ... lol!!! .. guess I'm just gonna have to rely on the few friends I know who've had them for my experience of those. Same goes for NDEs .. don't want one of those really .. though once, when I wasn't far from death I can remember things being very relaxed when that wasn't the way you'd've expected it to be at all. But that certainly wasn't a NDE .. maybe a nearly near, near NDE or something. That's what I have to look back on as far as that goes. I mean mentally relaxed in a kind of floaty way and not concerned.

As for the flu I think people are hoping that the cases will be contained by antivirals and if there's a second outbreak in the winter that the worst of it will be contained by a vaccine. It's not discovering vaccines that takes a lot of time but manufacturing them .. unfortunately it's quite a slow process. Pity there isn't a way of being able to slightly modify vaccines as needed .. or knowing how effective one could be against another illness especially as far as bird flu goes. I remember the later being discussed when there were outbreaks of bird flu a little while ago. Could it provide a small protection that would be enough to help someone recover.

I guess it's something like this which brings out what people really believe on a spiritual basis. When it's far removed it's easoer to feel one way or another with out really thinking much about it .. or being that interested. For me .. well, basically the swine flu is always on my doorstep so to speak .. just that it's other illnesses which could get worse.

The arrival of the swine flu shocked me .. I think I said in one of my early blogs that it usually takes me about three days to adapt to change .. and so it was this time. Not all change .. but in general it takes me about three days to adapt.

Now I can sigh again .. I've found that my body is giving lots of little sighs of relief .. kinda relaxes the body.

Instant meditation .. I wish!!!

I guess I'll get out of it what I put in.