Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday

Went to bed much too late last night .. but slept well .. be better if I went earlier though .. and tried to combine it with dozing and ... meditation!!!! ..lol!!! Not today .. not yet .. but I certainly intend to do at least 10 minutes. Gordon Smith said to do about 15 minutes or so to start off with and that suits me ..lol!!! Though half an hour was nice once I'd got into it.

I still don't understand the woman who refuses to take any medication for her pain or to help her sleep. Well, if she took the pain meds I fuess she wouldn't need the sleeping pills. I've had nights where I can't sleep but it's not all the time and, from what she says, I doubr if she'd be up night after night like she is now.

I know quite a few older people who try to do without pain meds without doing themselves any harm .. they'll put up with quite high levels of pain .. but this woman is doing herself quite a bit of damage I should think .. guess it's some kind of phobia or something. Your immune system is weakened by lack of sleep .. maybe she's hoping that her lupus will improve if her immune system is weakened in this way .. who knows .. she says it's just so that she can avoid any damage the meds might do her. I can understand people who can get by ok not taking pain meds but this seems to be leaving one set of problems behind for another. She, like me, takes other heavy meds too, and I can understand her fears .. I don't think about it I must admit .. I know some of my meds are quite toxic as I've mentioned before .. but the auto immune illness can be difficult to treat and unfortunately I have a stubborn case and it hasn't responded that well to treatment .. though it could be worse.

I don'r want to try one of the other meds .. I thought it sounded too risky. I do know that it can take the ones I'm on a few years to really get the condition more or less under control too on the drugs I'm on .. so, who knows!! But it looks if the flu don't get me .. this is going to!!!!!!!!!! Either cause of the piles of very heavy duty meds I have to take .. or just through the illness itself.

Still, I'm walking much better than I was. Glad I put all the effort I did into that .. it's made a lot of difference.

Anyway .. guess we all make our own choices .. I'm going to carry on taking me meds .. guess she isn't.