Monday, August 24, 2009

True spirituality

Been a strange day really .. seems summer .. where was that again .. has gone though let's hope September is nice and mild.

We were talking about spirituality and attitude for a little while last night. I said that it seemed sad that New Age spirituality seemed very concerned with material things which I thought wasn't really what it should be based in. I'm not saying that everyone should go and meditate in the desert or anything like that but it seems, in a lot of cases this kind of spirituality revolves around getting what you want.

I overheard a conversation today where someone was talking about cosmic ordering and their lack of success .. surprize, surprize.

Maybe they need to buy the new book I was e mailed about or pay the thousand dollars to do a course on much the same subject that I was also e mailed about .. reduced from 2,000 dollars.

Didn't take them up on their offers.

I just think that spirituality should be kept separate from things like that .. I just don't see the connection.

Maybe it should just be referred to as a kind of religion as it needs faith and belief but not spirituality.

I wasn't surprized to hear the conversation. I'd kept an open mind about how these people related to spirituality and it seems that, at the moment, things like cosmic ordering are very popular.

It's the same with belief in life after life .. which to me is another spiritual thing as it's the belief in the growth of soul .. you have to find your own way there really. I believe spirit will help but only if you help yourself along the path.

Musically, it's said that there's a 60s revival taking off .. West coast influenced .. I've heard a few of the bands and I think they're very good. I think it's the first time I've heard the musical spirit of the age captured so well, I've heard attempts before but this is the first time I've heard people get there .. while still being modern too.

I suspect it'll be the new Indie sound rather than influencing the singles chart too much. Though some Indie bands cross over .. don't know if these will it's so far away from pop as it is at the moment. That's a very broad statement but I think it's quite accurate.

I was just wondering what it might bring with it in terms of thoughts and books and art etc and whether it will have much, if any, influence on society.

Was wondering what had influenced it too. The Vietnam war was a big force behind the 60's hippy movement that produced the West coast music etc. Is it just a love of the music .. a bit like the blues influencing some musicians of the 69's or is there something in soceity bringing it on too.

My younger friends understand the climate problem though they're very cynical now .. not about the causes of climate change but the way it can be manipulated one way or another to further individuals present needs. I was sent a link the other day to a business site that was parading the names and biographies of 10 scientists who dpn't avvept carbon based climate change. If you weren't a no global warming skeptic before I think that could be enough to turn you green over night.

I don't know if that's partially behind the revival, or the Iraqui war, or, maybe a rebellion against a bling/celebrity driven soceity .. or, maybe it's just time for a change and this is the rebellion against the fashions of the past years.

Obviously, I'm not part of it, a diferent generation entirely .. I've lived most of my life on the earth plane now .. these people are much where I was in the 60's in that respect though some of my younger friends seem to think I'm still very much part of the earth plane despite the seeming thining of the veil .. and that I know what's going on and understand etc.

They're me friends though .... lol!!! We're similar, just in different generations. It's not difficult to connect from my side and they understand me too pretty well.

But, back to a more generalized spirituality. If people don't want to be convinced of something they won't be. I forget the % of young people who said they didn't know if the holocaust was real or not in a fairly recent survey but it was high enough to really shock me. So, no learning curve.

So WW11 didn't happen either maybe.

I could say anything, show anything but it still wouldn't make a difference to those with closed minds but I know it will when taken to the right people who are really interested.

It was easy to see how deep and along what lines any spiritual interest went with people, en masse and individually generally. The conversation I overheard today .. disappointing but not in the least surprizing. Think I would've been surprized if it was any other way. Maybe spirit's been around me this way because they knew I wasn't really looking and if I was I'd be content and happy with this.

Gosh, there's some really good music on lp33 isn't there. Not just 60s influenced music but just really good stuff with good musical and lyrical content. Not conveyor belt music at all. Even a lot of indie music sounded very, very similar but there's a good selection of original sounds here that are really good.

Dunno if this is part of a change in fashion. I've been told about other music too but haven't followed it up yet. Some of the stuff taken up by the media that I've listened to I haven't taken to especially if it sounds as if it's been put together to make a quick buck .. especially lyrically .. rather than being innovative.

Love the way the musician's pages are put together too and the site as a whole but I do wish that everyone would complete their profiles etc.