Monday, September 29, 2008

....

Went yeterday evening .. got there for the last quarter of an hour or so and a cup of tea and a chat. Took the book for the lady . luckily it wasn't the one she had. It'd only been £2.99 from The Works .. must have been one of the last of the pile then .. they were three for a tenner to start off with .. then the last few went for a bit less. Can't remember if it's one of the ones that mentions Leamington in it .. two of them do .. one as Leamington .. one as a town in the West Midlands. She'll share it with other people.

There was a book I'd've liked to have read there last night but someone wanted it for her mum who's in hospital .. so I'm glad I didn't get there first to buy it .. too busy chatting. It's a book published in the 1920s and reasonably well known so it's possible it's on the net anyway.

Potters off to have a look .. yes, it is .. seems there are two volumes and they are both there. I've downloaded them and'll flip through them some time or other.

My back has been very painful at times over the weekend .. started Thurday night , was ok on Friday .. then I had trouble both on Saturday and Sunday evenings while out. Feels as if the muscles have moved slightly as my breathing has been difficult along with the pain. Not easy.

Fell asleep with the light on last night .. and then slept through the night. Never mind though .. it was just for one night .. not something I want to make a practice of though. It's not a good idea. Dunno if using melatonin supplements would make up for keeping the light on when you're sleeping.

The guy who I saw had just been presented with a life time's achievement award. He's not well and I'm told is tired and in pain. I was interested to see that around 600 people had turned out to see him a little way from here. I thought it was bit pricey here .. it's not him who sets the price and I doubt if he gets much from it .. not all that much more than expenses really thinking of the number of people that were there. I don't know .. maybe if there was more talking among everyone more people would come and the tickets could be cheaper. He didn'y stay that long .. was very funny for the main part though. Apparently he's usually very good .. but he did come over as very tired this Saturday.

I got there on time cause I was aiming for 6.30 when it was 7.30 so had time to think I'd mislaid something when I hadn't .. underneath the pain leaflet it seems .. must have swept it to the side of the bag when I was pushing the leaflet back. Get driven back .. then .. back again .. and still be in time.

There were people there that I hadn't seen before.

I've never seen the woman who was there with Dave on the first time I paid an entrance fee .. £2.50 I think it was!!! lol!!! That was very good. Just before I went into hospital. I'll have to ask him who she is because I've never seen her again. And no-one seems able to place her so she must have just come in from somewhere rather than being a regular. The person who was meant to be talking that night couldn't make it and she was there instead.

I realised that I often used to walk past their place in one place.. not that I'm going to have to go that far!!! I hadn't counted it in being surrounded when I'd looked it up before. It gets more and more interesting. I guess people will know each other from all around. I wish my walking was a bit better .. but .. mustn't grumble as they say .. it's a lot better than I could have hoped for a few months ago. But, then, I've worked very hard.

I don't think I need to turn the computer off a while before bedtime .. but I will turn the light off before resting if I go to read or write before sleeping. I believe lack of melatonin can lead to cancer too. I've nown a few people with skin cancer/facial cancer .. if I go down that route well so be it .. but I think I have enough with what I've got .. so will be careful .. but if that's how it turns out .. so be it .. I'm sure I'll be ok.

I was reading something the other day .. shame I can't remember where .. but I was just skiming rather than reading through carefully .. and the % of people on medication by the time they're 60 was quite staggering. Wish I could remember where it was but I was looking through a whole load of stuff after a friend had become ill .. hopefully just a temporary thing in her case .. but not nice for the six or so weeks that it usually takes to sort itself out .. with the help of meds ofcourse. It's not everyone by any means but I was surprized by the statistics. I'd thought for a while that I might get some form of sun related illness as I aged .. lupus or skin cancer. Hadn't heard of this one so it came as surprize.

Anyway .. get the pills down. Try and turn in earlier too. And .. light's off.