Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday

OK ... so far. Sunday .. so I had to wait half an hour after I'd taken the bone sparing pill before I could take any pain relief which wasn't too good.

My mouth is still a lot better. My lungs aren't too good at all because things are moving more there when I breathe and it doesn't feel too good at all .. but I know that it's a good sign .. just feels rotten.

Went too bed much too late last night .. slept for around six hours though without a break and then did half an hours meditation and concentrated better than I have for along time .. managed to keep my mind on my mantra for quite some time before other thoughts came bustling in for me to think about.

Dunno why this is .. I'd been listening to some binaural beats before I turned in .. though not using headphones and I've done that before without my concentration improving as far as my meditation goes. I've found it quite difficult to stay tuned in to my mantras for quite some time. The only change is doing that taping thing .. the EFT .. and surely it can't be down to that .. and the occasional pot noodle .. lol .. I know that pot noodles aren't the best when it comes to healthy eating but I've taken a fancy to the curry ones .. and, am ofcourse, slightly overawed by my new cooking skills .. just wait til I get on to the packet soups .. lol!!!!! I eat a small tin of peas and carrots with them and a soya desert to help the nutritional value along a bit.

It's difficult to believe that I'm not in hospital .. I keep on thinking .. yet .. in my mind. I do expect the attacks to be as severe again even if I get through this one without having to be trundled along to hospital. I'd think it'd still depend on the severity of the bug at the moment. This is the first time I haven't had to go into hospital since the muscle and bone problems after sneezing and setting off the swelling and spasm cycle. My nose isn't so blocked this morning though I was rather puffy when I got up .. more so than usual. I thought .. on dear .. cause that was what had happened the last time I had to go in .. it wasn't as bad this morning as then though .. but noticeably more than usual. But there was no problem taking my pills .. the last time it was difficult keeping them down .. even after taking a cyclizine which is bad news.

Probably still have my fingers crossed from this cold when I'm wheeled in with the next one!!!!! Well, it's been a long time since I've managed to stay out of hospital with one and this is the longest that I've managed to stay out once the sneezing's started.

Going to do a run through of those exercises now.

They're on youtube.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hy3POW2BU

Can't actually get that page up from the link at the moment because I've just played the video I'm told. If the link's wrong just type chakra eft into the video search on youtube and a selection of videos comes up and it can be played from there. Think I'll have a look at the next one too.

I have no idea if doing EFT has helped my concentration which made meditation easier but I'll carry on trying it out for a while. I think the person who wrote the wikipedia article about it reckoned it's distracting your mind from other thoughts that helps and someone else thought it was the concentration as I did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques