Thursday, May 21, 2009

.......................

Just waiting for the kettle to boil to make me mug of herbal tea. Onviously I'll bever eat liquorice again while U'm taking cortico steroids .. it increases the potency of them as well which means it lowers your immune system even more .. have to say, though, just drinking the teas seems to have stopped my viral infections running out of control the way they used to before and I've even felt cold free for a couple of days though I'm probably not .. it's just that maybe the colds aren't affecting me so badly. Chemicals in liquorice are said to stop some viruses replicating so quickly so maybe my immune system can deal with them better. Maybe just drinking the teas .. one or two a day means you get enough of the chemical to stop the viruses replicating but not enough to lower the immunity any further or something. But I noticed in a couple of days that my cold seemed a little less damaging than usual. Amd certainly not as bad as they had been since I caught the "6 day" bug I caught .. I just didn't seem able to shake it off.

Sadly, though, I guess I'll never eat liquorice again .. though I can drink the teas.