Sunday, July 12, 2009

Very strange

There's something very strange going on at that site right now. It's a massive gaming site and you'd think they'd want the best publicity they could get.

Another profile has gone and this time I can't see a reason for it. They're not giving out any reasons to the rest of us so people are just left wondering what's going on.

The profiles I mentioned before are a bit strange though there's nothing that the guvs would usually close an account for there as far as I can see. But another one's just gone who's a friend of people I know and this is very odd indeed. Can't see any reason for her going. She did have a campaign going to bring the other guy back ,, but so does someone else I know whose name was mentioned on this other woman's profile so the guvs would've seen it .. but her account's still open and she doesn't appear to have the guvs hassling her at all.

Ah .. she's taken down her personal profile this morning to be on the safe side.

It does seem odd .. all these people had the email addy to write to if you needed help from the guvs and mentioned a couple of accounts that had actually been shut down by the guvs .. no active accounts were mentioned!!! And I know one account which is much the same who the guvs have to know about and that's still there. It must be one of the best known accounts on the site.

All very odd.

I've checked the site and I've checked my email and there's nothing to explain what's happening or if there's something we're not allowed to do that we don't know about yet!!!!!

I guess I'll write to them and ask .. not about individuals but in general. See what they say. Give it a week though to see if anything happens on the site as there's quite a bit of activity going on around it all and the guvs might get publically involved.

They could end up getting some very bad publicity though over some of this. It's not their concern whether I like one of the people involved .. lots of people have multiple accounts there with no hassle from the guvs .. I told them about mine and they weren't at all concerned .. it's to do with them seemingly doing things that look as if they might be taking away from the security of people on their site .. there are no rules about age providing that you're not playing the games for money .. so this includes children.

It's all very strange.

I'll wait a week and see what happens. If it's nothing I'll contact them.